Sunday, January 1, 2012

More Highlights and Anticipations

Unlike last year, my end to the year wasn't so memorable. It's not like it was bad by any means, but I don't have the same emotional high as last year. I'm still teetering on whether I should make a resolutions list this year or not. Hopefully I'll get an answer as I type this out.

Highlights of 2011 include:
  • Getting into VPA.
  • Seeing Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy.
  • Got my learner permit (about time).
  • KCS 2011 retreat.
  • Got into the Shift Dance Crew.
  • Ddukboogies '11.
  • Going to Stony Brook for spring break.
  • Working at the summer day camp at my church over the summer.
  • "The Rapture" (it was nice for jokes and giggles).
  • Living in an apartment this semester.
  • Cutting off a small chunk of my left index finger on the last day of finals.
It's not that noticeable from far away, but you can (well at least I can) see it when you look closely.

The list of highlights have sure extended from what I had last year. Then again, having a blog and a new Facebook timeline helps in keeping track of the events that transpired. I'm probably still missing things. But as I said last year, if I don't remember it, then it does not merit being a highlight.

Well the new year is here and I'm still adamant on not having resolutions. I still stand by what I've been saying. I don't need a specific day to announce to myself how to improve my own well being.

Instead, I'll do...(drum rolls please)...another list! I'll list out things I'm looking forward to this year.
  • Vision Conference in three days.
  • A whole bunch of movies (The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-man, Snow White and the Huntsman (yep), The Hunger Games).
  • World of Dance: New York (they are moving to a new venue this year. Goodbye hot and stuffy Brooklyn Tech auditorium).
  • Spring semester (I have a feeling it's going to be a fun semester).
  • Hopefully a summer internship.
  • Hopefully my driver's license this summer.
  • December 21, 2012 (I love it when doomsday predictions don't pan out).
May more things spring up as the year goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment