Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lazy Day

Today has probably been the most wasted day of my life. I fell asleep at around 2 AM and woke up at 7:30 AM. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I wasn't tired and couldn't close my eyes. I go online for a bit and before I know it, it's 11 AM. My back starts to feel stiff so I hop onto my bed to rest a bit. You know those completely useless attempts to stay awake by telling yourself that you won't fall asleep? Never works. I end up falling asleep and before I know it, it's 8 PM.

I haven't had a day where I've just slept all day in a long time. And you know what? It feels terrible. So much for thinking I'd do something productive today. Hopefully I can find something to do that will make up for this day.

Maybe I should just make a list of possible tasks:
  • I cleaned my room last Sunday. I think it's time to clean it again. Which basically means fold my laundry and tidy up the junk that's been accumulating on my desk. I actually don't see a need to clean my room (except folding my clothes) but I just can't find my watch. I'm crossing my fingers it's somewhere here.
  • Continue my portfolio. I've been getting drawing blocks (writer's block but for drawing)...and have been super lazy. Just 7 more still lifes to go.
  • Update my music playlist. It's been almost a month since I last added a song and a month and half since I added my usual burst of songs at once. My playlist has been getting pretty boring since I always listen to my iPod as I walk to class/work. Same songs over and over again.
  • Read The Girl Who Played With Fire. It's been way too long since I picked it up. I read through Dragon Tattoo non-stop over the summer. But, I can't seem to find the motivation to read right now. My bookmark is 4 pages into the first chapter (those 4 chapters were read on the first day of school). I don't know why, but it's so much easier to read when I'm in NYC than here. Less distractions maybe?
  • Study for Calc II. My last exam whooped me hard. There goes the 4.0 I thought I would get unless I ace my final.

1 comment:

  1. i would recommend some songs to you but my own playlist has been on repeat since september.

    on these kind of lazy days, maybe you should walk to bb/mount and visit some friends. it'll make you feel less lazy AND you get to interact with other people!

    good luck trying to sleep tonight :)

    ReplyDelete