Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What Grinds My Gears

You know what really grinds my gears? Sorry, just had to say that. I've made not one, but two posts about this on Tumblr already. I'll just be adding more to the list of what ticks me off. Yes, it's another list. It seems like I've been making lists in my recent posts. I like lists. They add variations in my blog posts instead of just seeing a block of text.

  • How snow makes people dumb.
I'm walking back from lecture and I'm seconds of reach my dorm. There's a bus stop outside of my dorm and woopty-doo, 3 buses arrive at the same time. So, there are many students coming out of all the buses to my right. Snow that come up to my knee on my left. Right ahead of me is a student I was walking behind who suddenly stops to wait for a chance to keep walking. But in front of her are students waiting to get on the buses. Sorry if this is a bit confusing. Needless to say, she keeps standing there waiting for someone to move. I'm freezing and I'm not waiting a second longer. I put good old common sense to the use and go back and around everyone and on to the street. I walk around the buses and to no surprise I see a clear path. I look back and I see the same girl who was in front of me still waiting for a chance to walk.
  • Dumb questions in class.
Teachers who tell you that there is no such thing as dumb questions are lying through their teeth. There was a girl who once asked in high school, "Is the essay multiple choice?"
  • Fake hobos (hoboes?).
I don't see any in Syracuse (or they are just harder to distinguish) but I see them everywhere in New York City. There was this one lady who claimed she had no home to go to, no food to eat, etc. The only part of her that looked like she might not have a home was the fact her hair looked like it was used as a broom. When no one on the train gave her any money, she turned around and cursed everyone out for being greedy. I see her the next day and she is wearing a completely different outfit. Looked brand spankin' new too. Again, no one gave her any money. She angrily cussed at everyone again. Rinse and repeat.
  • Erasers that do a poor job erasing.
Might as well package that with a pencil that doesn't make any marks when you try to write with it. That's why I use pens for everything. Even math. I'd rather cross something out than potentially having to go through a bad eraser. That and I like writing in something darker than graphite.

That's all I can come up with now. Besides, everyone has like a million things that tick them off. No one wants to read them all either (or type them all).

No comments:

Post a Comment